Sunday, August 22, 2010

Coco Chanel Kids

COCO CHANEL KIDS

 Being a Chanel addict and also a mother,  I wanted to post an article on How To Achieve a ''Coco Chanel Look'' For kids, obviously on a budget.
There is no need to purchase ridiculously expensive items for children
as they grow so fast and are usually more interested in playing in mud than dressing up.

My mission: to recreate the classic Chanel look for under 100 dollars 

The Classic Chanel look
Pearls and Tweed


So I headed for one of my favourite shopping destinations Bondi Junction.
First up Chanel for a little inspiration. Many beautiful bags and accessories, however nothing for kids and definitely over my $100 budget.
My daughter and I continued on. Next up Cotton On Kids .
 We found a pair of classic ballerina flats for very reasonable $10.00. 
 We then entered Gumboots, I found a few bargain headbands marked down to $4.95 , I thought they looked cute and preppy, so i grabbed one in every colour and left.
Time for an ice cream break!
Next up Target . Huge sucsess! tweed jacket $23.00 , tweed dress $20.00 , flat ballerina shoes in two colours for $14.00 each . Very happy ... Plus an extra twenty percent off at the checkout. Even happier!
Still below my budget.
Bardot Junior , Sooo many cute things ! Very parisian chic, I found a cute
tweed dress maked down to $30 and had to get it !
I left Bondi feeling quite pleased with my baby Chanel purchases.

This is what i came up with: 

 
I added the black cardi on the right from my daughters existing wardrobe.
Both pearl necklaces were vintage from my own wardrobe
The pearls on the right were purchased from a second hand store in Balmain some time ago, they were fantastic quaility for only $4.00!

 
Target Tweed Jacket and Dress
Vintage Pearls 

 
Dresses without the jackets 

Headbands : Gumboots
First two shoes : Target
Last pair shoes : Cotton On Kids
Left dress : Target
Right dress : Bardot Junior

 

 
Headbands from Gumboots

 

 
My Daughter in ''Coco Chanel Kids'' look.

No comments:

Post a Comment